Senior QA Engineer (Mobile)
Reporting to the Director of QA, you will be responsible for ensuring components of the Product Madness portfolio retain the utmost levels of quality, working with both internal and offshore teams. Supporting regular Feature & Content releases from concept through to launch, you will work with a variety of technical and non-technical tools whilst using your leadership skills to present your findings and achieve this goal.
Skills and Requirements
- Ensure your respective project(s) is released to the highest quality, both in terms of defect mitigation and usability experience.
- Lead triage's and provide daily reports on milestone progression and priorities.
- Lead an offshore team of testers to aid quality processes.
- Drive the creation, maintenance and implementation of dedicated test sessions, test suites and associated test cases, including the use of BBD (Gherkin/Cucumber syntax).
- Work closely with Customer Support to investigate, document and where necessary push for swift resolution of Live issues.
- Lead by example through hands on testing, and review other tester’s reports while maintaining a tidy and prioritised backlog.
- Provide reports and risk assessments to the Director of QA and other stakeholders.
- Supporting the training and mentoring of more junior members of the team.
- The use of analytics as a way to investigate and analyse in helping identify and resolve potential live issues, as well as maintaining and updating the most relevant support matrices for your designated platform(s).
- Align and standardise QA processes with other QA Leads, while bettering them as the business evolves.
- Help support the effort to incorporate automated tests and use these to strengthen the efficiency of QA’s involvement.
- Create Automation test script for new features using BDD style (Gherkin/Cucumber syntax).
- Good knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Strong and proven leadership skills.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication & an excellent attention to detail.
- Strong time management, accountability and organisational skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- A proactive attitude towards QA and capable of working in a high pressure Agile environment.
- Strong commercial awareness, with an understanding of business priorities.
- Extensive knowledge of JIRA and / or similar bug tracking tools.
- Technical understanding and experience of back office tools to aid in testing.
- Extensive experience in test suite creation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Data Science and proven record to use this to better processes.
- Detailed reporting skills (Coverage, RAG, Analysis).
- Knowledge of submission workflows for mobile applications (Apple/GooglePlay/Amazon).
- A sound understanding of Charles, Postman, or similar tools to aid with test coverage.
- A knowledge of Appium and automating test scripts for Hybrid Applications would be a nice bonus!
- ISTQB-ISEB Certified Tester Foundation Level.
Product Madness burst into life in 2007 as the brainchild of two Stanford Business MBA graduates who possessed an innate love of gaming. Initially, the entrepreneurs developed casual games for Facebook and mobile, before having a ‘light-bulb moment’ in 2009 and refocusing their efforts with laser-guided precision on the exploding social casino genre. They have been bringing world-class social slots to real slots fans ever since! Now part of Aristocrat Leisure, Product Madness have published hit titles Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino, Lightning Link and FaFaFa on Facebook, iOS and Android platforms and have grown considerably in size over the past year with offices in London, Austin, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
Product Madness’ dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion is clearly reflected in all our content and across all our platforms. Diversity is more than a commitment at Product Madness—it is in the core values of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, maternity, marriage or civil partnership, religion, race and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
What is great about working at Product Madness?
Like all game studios, we have a fully stocked kitchen, foosball table, games room, lunches/breakfasts, beanbags to sit on and much more… but we know this isn’t what makes us unique. What makes us stand out from the crowd is the autonomy we provide our employees, the opportunity to work on top grossing titles and the professional development opportunities that everyone has access to. We understand that our employees are the key to our success and so ensure we pay above the industry standard and offer a comprehensive benefits package. That doesn’t mean to say it's all work and no play, we have a lot of fun creating games from our swanky office in Farringdon, as well as having a great social community that is truly reflective of the diverse teams we have here! So what are you waiting for, come and join the madness!
- Up to 5% employer pension contribution with Aviva
- Private Health insurance with Vitality
- Full dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonus scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Personal development & career plans
- Study assistance program
- Moving house day