Game Economy Analyst
Our Game Economy Analysts are responsible for the overall virtual economy of our games. They are behind the numbers that drive our game loops (e.g. currencies, time loops, progression, etc.) and work to maximize user engagement and revenue in our Freemium (Free To Play) business model.
- Build a game economy, modelling, tuning, balancing, and monitoring key economy parameters to increase revenues and create a fun and engaging game experience.
- Optimize the performance of meta-features through A/B testing and data analyses.
- Design simulations to predict the game economy and user behaviour.
- Analyse complex data sets, characterize different users and create new player incentives while considering product, marketing and analytical aspects.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Psychometrics or a similar quantitative field.
- Strong skills in Excel and SQL is essential.
- Experience with R, Python, Matlab or similar statistical tools an advantage.
- Understanding of segmentation, advanced statistical techniques suitable for analysis of highly skewed populations.
- Ability to communicate findings to different stakeholders such as Product Directors, Managers, Data Scientists and CRM managers.
- Analytical with a passion for numbers and using data to drive business impact.
- Knowledge of standard reporting tools such as QlikView/Tableau/Looker an advantage.
- Previous experience with monetization in the games industry ideal but not required.
- Experience working in small agile teams.
- Posses an interest in gaming and/or the game industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent team player.
- Self-starter mentality.
- Pragmatic problem-solver, someone who looks for solutions.
Product Madness burst into life in 2007 as the brainchild of two Stanford Business MBA graduates who possessed an innate love of gaming. Initially, the entrepreneurs developed casual games for Facebook and mobile, before having a ‘light-bulb moment’ in 2009 and refocusing their efforts with laser-guided precision on the exploding social casino genre. They have been bringing world-class social slots to real slots fans ever since! Now part of Aristocrat Leisure, Product Madness have published hit titles Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino, Lightning Link and FaFaFa on Facebook, iOS and Android platforms and have grown considerably in size over the past year with offices in London, Austin, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
Product Madness’ dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion is clearly reflected in all our content and across all our platforms. Diversity is more than a commitment at Product Madness—it is in the core values of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, maternity, marriage or civil partnership, religion, race and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
What is great about working at Product Madness?
Like all game studios, we have a fully stocked kitchen, foosball table, games room, lunches/breakfasts, beanbags to sit on and much more… but we know this isn’t what makes us unique. What makes us stand out from the crowd is the autonomy we provide our employees, the opportunity to work on top grossing titles and the professional development opportunities that everyone has access to. We understand that our employees are the key to our success and so ensure we pay above the industry standard and offer a comprehensive benefits package. That doesn’t mean to say it's all work and no play, we have a lot of fun creating games from our swanky office in Farringdon, as well as having a great social community that is truly reflective of the diverse teams we have here! So what are you waiting for, come and join the madness!
- Up to 5% employer pension contribution with Aviva
- Private Health insurance with Vitality
- Full dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonus scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Personal development & career plans
- Relocation support
- A rated visa sponsor
- Study assistance program
- Moving house day