Senior Data Scientist
The Data Scientists are responsible for applying a wide variety of statistical and analytical techniques to business problems to glean valuable insights in support of key strategic business initiatives. They apply analytical rigour and statistical methods to data and are comfortable manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, and high-dimensionality data from varying sources. Incumbents are effective communicators capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences. On top of that, a Senior Data Scientist works closely with senior stakeholders on strategic initiatives and mentors more junior data scientists.
- Critical approach to modelling and anticipates data and modelling problems.
- Implements methodologies to generate collect and measure data for business use.
- Works with unstructured/semi structured data to extract useful analytic measures from the data flows.
- Develops and tests medium to complex statistical or computational models.
- Uses advanced data visualisation techniques to present analysis findings.
- Recommends best practices for analysis and virtualisation.
- Understands strategic business goals and anticipates analytical needs to support and measure business decisions.
- Writes moderately complex queries against the big data environment for analysis as well as advanced SQL queries.
- Develops guidelines for data discovery, data cleansing, transformation and assembly of large data sets for analysis.
- Leads some strategic projects in collaboration with Stakeholders
- Collaborates with other related teams on Data Science and big data projects
What We Want From You:
- Ambiguity: is able to deal with moderate levels of ambiguity by bringing clarity to the problem and communicating plans and working toward a solution with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Leadership: is able to direct project work of others, able to provide technical mentorship.
- Communication: able to talk, write, and listen effectively with business peers as well as junior data scientists.
- Business Acumen: understands key divisional and strategic business drivers, follows important game KPIs, familiar with key competitors.
- Self-directed: develops changes to high value process improvements, drives initiatives independently, maintains status updates, delivers project work in a timely manner with little supervision.
- Context switching: smoothly moves between long and short term projects as per business needs.
- Coding: Proficiency using at least one programming language.
- Data Wrangling: Familiarity with relational databases, star schema structures, semi structured data and unstructured data.
- Bachelor/Master/PhD degree or equivalent work experience in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Ability to program, preferably in different programming languages such as Python, R, or SQL.
Product Madness burst into life in 2007 as the brainchild of two Stanford Business MBA graduates who possessed an innate love of gaming. Initially, the entrepreneurs developed casual games for Facebook and mobile, before having a ‘light-bulb moment’ in 2009 and refocusing their efforts with laser-guided precision on the exploding social casino genre. They have been bringing world-class social slots to real slots fans ever since! Now part of Aristocrat Leisure, Product Madness have published hit titles Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino, Lightning Link and FaFaFa on Facebook, iOS and Android platforms and have grown considerably in size over the past year with offices in London, Austin, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
Product Madness’ dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion is clearly reflected in all our content and across all our platforms. Diversity is more than a commitment at Product Madness—it is in the core values of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, maternity, marriage or civil partnership, religion, race and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
What is great about working at Product Madness?:
Like all game studios, we have a fully stocked kitchen, foosball table, games room, lunches/breakfasts, beanbags to sit on and much more… but we know this isn’t what makes us unique. What makes us stand out from the crowd is the autonomy we provide our employees, the opportunity to work on top grossing titles and the professional development opportunities that everyone has access to. We understand that our employees are the key to our success and so ensure we pay above the industry standard and offer a comprehensive benefits package. That doesn’t mean to say it's all work and no play, we have a lot of fun creating games from our swanky office in Farringdon, as well as having a great social community that is truly reflective of the diverse teams we have here! So what are you waiting for, come and join the madness!
- Up to 5% employer pension contribution with Aviva
- Private Health insurance with Vitality
- Full dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonus scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Personal development & career plans
- Relocation support
- Study assistance program
- Moving house day