We are looking for a Data Scientist with experience in User Acquisition that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. You should be interested in gaming domain and have passion for data.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide data insights for product management and marketing decision making.
- Build new data products.
- Participate in “deep-dive” research projects, such as detailed product analysis, customer segmentation, lifetime value analysis, etc.
- Identify potential business opportunities within your area and scope/design approaches to capture those opportunities
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB-tests, and work with teams to ensure correct implementation to allow easy, precise analysis of the impact.
- Develop an analysis strategy and perform analysis of complex scenarios and AB-tests, both systematically and on a one-off basis.
- Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis and reports, quickly, even when confronted by subtle data complications.
- Provide an analytics perspective to discussions and prioritisation within your team, so that the overall team selects the right ideas to work on.
- Be the pro-active owner of the entire data chain for your game(s).
Our Technology Stack:
Analytics: Python (pandas, scikit-learn, pymc3, statsmodels, bokeh, mpl), SQL, Jupyter Notebooks
Big Data: AWS Redshift, Apache Spark, S3
ETL: Python, SQL, Spark, Scala
Data viz: D3.js, re:dash, Tableau, Bokeh
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in a relevant field required (Math, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, etc.).
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience coding in Python (PyData stack) or other programming language.
- Experience with any BI tool is a plus.
- Highly analytical and structured thinking.
- 3+ years working experience; PhD is a plus!
- Demonstrable interest in Data Science, Big Data, Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics.
- Experience in User Acquisition is big plus.
- You will have come from a Software Development and/or Data Science/Data Engineering background.
- You will be super analytical.
- A proactive individual that can hit the ground running.
Product Madness burst into life in 2007 as the brainchild of two Stanford Business MBA graduates who possessed an innate love of gaming. Initially, the entrepreneurs developed casual games for Facebook and mobile, before having a ‘light-bulb moment’ in 2009 and refocusing their efforts with laser-guided precision on the exploding social casino genre. They have been bringing world-class social slots to real slots fans ever since! Now part of Aristocrat Leisure, Product Madness have published hit titles Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino and FaFaFa on Facebook, iOS and Android platforms and have grown considerably in size over the past year with offices in London, Austin, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
Product Madness’ dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion is clearly reflected in all our content and across all our platforms. Diversity is more than a commitment at Product Madness—it is in the core values of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, maternity, marriage or civil partnership, religion, race and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
What is great about working at Product Madness?
Like all game studios, we have a fully stocked kitchen, foosball table, games room, lunches/breakfasts, beanbags to sit on and much more… but we know this isn’t what makes us unique. What makes us stand out from the crowd is the autonomy we provide our employees, the opportunity to work on top grossing titles and the professional development opportunities that everyone has access to. We understand that our employees are the key to our success and so ensure we pay above the industry standard and offer a comprehensive benefits package. That doesn’t mean to say it's all work and no play, we have a lot of fun creating games from our swanky office in Farringdon, as well as having a great social community that is truly reflective of the diverse teams we have here! So what are you waiting for, come and join the madness!
- Up to 5% employer pension contribution with Aviva
- Private Health insurance with Vitality
- Full dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonus scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Personal development & career plans
- Relocation support
- Study assistance program
- Moving house day