Lead Ruby on Rails Developer (Russian Speaking)
Do you like writing mean and clean Ruby code? Come join our team and help us build amazing things.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver excellent software. Joining our platform development team, we are currently on the lookout for a lead Ruby on Rails Developer. You will join a very experienced team that builds and maintains our entire platform suite and will have the responsibility to own and develop new components tools and features to support new game features and our operation teams using the latest technology available. You will work inside a small scrum team with a well described product backlog and be comfortable with scrum methodologies and practices.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Design robust, scalable and secure features.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards).
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design.
Skills and Requirements
- Demonstrable experience of delivering products/tools from concept through deployment and ongoing user support.
- Fluent in Russian.
- A proven track record with Ruby on Rails.
- A proven track record with MySQL.
- Front and Back End development producing robust and efficient applications.
- Strong SQL experience.
- Experience in performance optimisations.
- Hands on experience with GIT.
- Strong Linux knowledge.
- Effective communication both verbal (day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written forms (requirements and design specifications) with local and remote team members.
- Ability to follow sprint/project plans and meet commitments.
- Display a history of creativity, innovative thought, awareness of current technical trends and high levels of motivation.
Product Madness burst into life in 2007 as the brainchild of two Stanford Business MBA graduates who possessed an innate love of gaming. Initially, the entrepreneurs developed casual games for Facebook and mobile, before having a ‘light-bulb moment’ in 2009 and refocusing their efforts with laser-guided precision on the exploding social casino genre. They have been bringing world-class social slots to real slots fans ever since! Now part of Aristocrat Leisure, Product Madness have published hit titles Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino and FaFaFa on Facebook, iOS and Android platforms and have grown considerably in size over the past year with offices in London, Austin, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
Product Madness’ dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion is clearly reflected in all our content and across all our platforms. Diversity is more than a commitment at Product Madness—it is in the core values of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, maternity, marriage or civil partnership, religion, race and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
What is great about working at Product Madness?
Like all game studios, we have a fully stocked kitchen, foosball table, games room, lunches/breakfasts, beanbags to sit on and much more… but we know this isn’t what makes us unique. What makes us stand out from the crowd is the autonomy we provide our employees, the opportunity to work on top grossing titles and the professional development opportunities that everyone has access to. We understand that our employees are the key to our success and so ensure we pay above the industry standard and offer a comprehensive benefits package. That doesn’t mean to say it's all work and no play, we have a lot of fun creating games from our swanky office in Farringdon, as well as having a great social community that is truly reflective of the diverse teams we have here! So what are you waiting for, come and join the madness!
- Up to 5% employer pension contribution with Aviva
- Private Health insurance with Vitality
- Full dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonus scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Personal development & career plans
- Relocation support
- A rated visa sponsor
- Study assistance program
- Moving house day